SUbscriber Login | NEW SUBSCRIPTION  

Archive

  • warning: Parameter 2 to ad_flash_adapi() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/vhosts/rustonleader.com/httpdocs/includes/module.inc on line 497.
  • warning: Parameter 2 to ad_flash_adapi() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/vhosts/rustonleader.com/httpdocs/includes/module.inc on line 497.
  • warning: Parameter 2 to ad_flash_adapi() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/vhosts/rustonleader.com/httpdocs/includes/module.inc on line 497.
  • warning: Parameter 2 to ad_flash_adapi() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/vhosts/rustonleader.com/httpdocs/includes/module.inc on line 497.
  • warning: Parameter 2 to ad_flash_adapi() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/vhosts/rustonleader.com/httpdocs/includes/module.inc on line 497.

November 6th, 2014

Everett O. Pesnell

110614 Everette Pesnell.jpg

Funeral services for Everett O. Pesnell, age 93, of Choudrant , LA will be held Friday, November 7, 2014 at 10:00 AM at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church in Choudrant. Officiating the service will be Bro. Brad Jones and Bro. Chris Witt. Interment will follow at Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Choudrant under the direction of Kilpatrick Funeral Home in Ruston.

Bookmark and Share

GREATER WARD One Waterworks District

GREATER WARD One Waterworks District
Minutes
November 3, 2014
Present:
Butler Hampton
F.J. Armond
Keith Barnes
Mike Haddox
Reagan Pylant
Rebecca Jennings
Absent: None
Mike made the motion to accept the agenda as printed, F.J. second the motion. Vote Aye: Mike, F.J, Reagan, Keith. Nay: None
Minutes from the September meeting were read, Mike made the motion to accept the minutes as read, Reagan second the motion. Vote Aye: Mike, Keith, F.J, and Mike. Nay: None

Bookmark and Share

LEGAL NOTICE

LEGAL NOTICE
I, Richard Bridges, DOC #439523, have applied for clemency for my conviction of possession of cocaine. If you have any comments, contact the Board of Pardons (225)342-5421
3td: Nov. 4, 5, 6, 2014

Bookmark and Share

November 5th

Ruston chooses Walker

in
110514 ronny walker C.jpg

Ruston voters have elected Ronny Walker as their next mayor.
Complete but unofficial returns from Tuesday’s election show Walker won 59.8 percent of the 5,341 votes cast to beat challenger Bill Elmore, 3,197 to 2,144. The total tally represents about a 46 percent voter turnout within the city limits.
The election results will be made official Friday when parish voting officers open the machines and certify the tabulations.
As the votes began to come in Tuesday evening, Walker took an early lead and never lost it. His margin hovered around 60 percent most of the night.

Full text of this article is available to subscribers only. Login if you are already a subscriber. If you are not a subscriber, you can subscribe to the online version here.

Bookmark and Share

Belton elected District Attorney

in
District judge candidates face runoff, Liner takes Marshal’s Office
DA, Judge.jpg

Voters in the Lincoln-Union Parish 3rd Judicial District have elected John Belton as their new district attorney, but just barely.
Complete but unofficial results from Tuesday’s election show Belton, now one of the district’s assistant DAs, polled 10,708 votes, or 50.5 percent, to challenger and fellow assistant DA Cary Brown’s 10,497 votes, or 49.5 percent.

Full text of this article is available to subscribers only. Login if you are already a subscriber. If you are not a subscriber, you can subscribe to the online version here.

Bookmark and Share

Grambling re-elects Jones

in
Council gains one new face with G. Denise Dupree
grambling elected.jpg

GRAMBLING — Current mayor of Grambling Edward Jones will continue his legacy for the next four years.
Running against Jones was Grambling’s former mayor Martha Andrus, who left office in 2008. Jones was elected again by a mere 24 votes.
A total of 35.1 percent of Grambling’s population voted in this year’s election.
Jones closed out the night with 62 percent (577) of the vote, leaving Andrus with 38 percent and 351 votes.
Jones said he was proud of the citizens of Grambling, and honored to be re-elected to serve them.

Full text of this article is available to subscribers only. Login if you are already a subscriber. If you are not a subscriber, you can subscribe to the online version here.

Bookmark and Share

Smalling-Foster wins Simsboro

in
Simsboro Dubach mayors.jpg

SIMSBORO — The Village of Simsboro will welcome a new mayor in January.
Sybil Smalling-Foster was elected by a margin of 15 percent, or 43 votes, over incumbent Mayor Willie Hendricks.
Hendricks was available election night for comments.
“We have so much to be thankful for in the past eight years,” Hendricks said. “I am very happy for Sybil, and I thank the citizens for the last eight years.”
Hendricks said he was “happy as a peach” and was going to get started on his personal bucket list in January.
Smalling-Foster seemed happy to win the election.

Full text of this article is available to subscribers only. Login if you are already a subscriber. If you are not a subscriber, you can subscribe to the online version here.

Bookmark and Share

Ruston board shook up

in
aldermen.jpg

Two incumbent Ruston aldermen are out, another re-elected and a fourth in a runoff as a result of Tuesday’s primary election balloting.
District 1 incumbent Glenda Howard and District 2 incumbent Rosalind Jones lost their re-election bids. District 4’s Jim Pearce won in a close race, while District 5’s Marie Riggs advanced to the Dec. 6 runoff.

Full text of this article is available to subscribers only. Login if you are already a subscriber. If you are not a subscriber, you can subscribe to the online version here.

Bookmark and Share

School board gets two new members

in
School board members.jpg

Out of three opposed incumbents of the school board only one remained in office after last night’s elections.
In District 3 Curtis Dowling beat out opponent Mary Boden Harris with a 68.02 percent lead, leaving Harris with 31.98 percent of the vote.
In District 2 incumbent Eddie Jones lost to David Ferguson, who won by a little less than two-thirds of the vote. Ferguson led with 62.82 percent and Jones carried 37.18 percent of the vote.
In District 1, two newcomers — Veda Emerson and Susan Billups Wiley, challenged incumbent Mattie Harrison.

Full text of this article is available to subscribers only. Login if you are already a subscriber. If you are not a subscriber, you can subscribe to the online version here.

Bookmark and Share

LifeCare Hospital holds ‘Pimp Your Pumpkin’ contest

photo 5.jpg

LifeCare Specialty Hospital held a “Pimp Your Pumpkin” contest for businesses and employees during the month of October. LifeCare also sponsored a Halloween Costume Contest for employees, a chili cook off and an awards ceremony. Games and activities were set up in the physical therapy gyms to encourage patient participation. Pictured are several of the pumpkins that were decorated. LifeCare Specialty Hospital specializes in the treatment of medically complex patients who require extended hospitalization.

Full text of this article is available to subscribers only. Login if you are already a subscriber. If you are not a subscriber, you can subscribe to the online version here.

Bookmark and Share