Fire starts, five teenagers home
The Ruston Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire at 801Woodland Street at approximately 7 p.m. Friday.
“We received a call at 6:58 p.m. Friday about a house fire,” Public Education Officer Eric Brazzel said. “The home was totally engulfed, but no injuries.”
Brazzel said there were approximately five people in the home — all teenagers — when the fire broke out.
“They were all able to get out of the home,” Brazzel said. “Someone smelled some smoke, and they started looking for the fire. They found it in a bedroom near a space heater.”