Kittens start parish grid action
One more regular season game.
That’s the situation for Lincoln Parish’s three teams and the rest of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association football “family” this week.
What seemed like a season that kicked off only last week winds up over a two-day period starting tonight.
Among the leading performers for Lincoln Parish high school and college football teams last week:
• ALEXIO WILLIAMS-HARGROVE, Ruston: Gained 233 yards rushing and scored a touchdown in 21-6 win over Natchitoches Central.
• LECORDEZ WHITE, Grambing: Rushed for 79 yards and scored club’s lone touchdown in 42-6 loss to Plain Dealing.
• AUSTIN GINN, Cedar Creek: Had touchdown receptions of 24 and 47 yards, rushed for 78 yards and caught six passes for 84 yards in 20-14 loss to Monroe Ouachita Christian.
• LENNON CREER, Louisiana Tech: Gained 119 yards rushing on 31 carries and had a two-yard TD run in a 38-28 win over San Jose State.
• DAMIAN JEFFERSON, Grambling State: Had a team-leading six receptions for 108 yards and TD grabs of 25 and 38 yards in a 27-20 win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Radio playoff show set Sunday
The Radio Center of Ruston will feature its annual Community Trust Bank-sponsored “Playoff Pairings” show on Sunday to announce the matchups for the first round of the 2011 Louisiana High School Athletic Association football playoffs.
To be aired on ESPN 97.7-FM, the three-hour program will begin at 1 p.m. and offer analysis, statistics and interviews on the opening round games for the state playoffs.
Serving as hosts will be Nick White, Mark Cramer, Nick Brown and Drew Faulkner.
— Staff Report