Kitchen fire erupts in home
Ruston firefighters extinguished a kitchen fire on Tuesday night that appeared to have started when stove burners were accidentally left on.
Eric Brazzel, Ruston Fire Department public education officer, said approximately 16 firefighters responded to a call after 9 p.m. of a structure fire at Jackson and Larson streets.
“On arrival, flames were visible through the roof,” Brazzel said. “Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly to find damage in the kitchen area as a result of unattended cooking.”