- 3 - HICO-KNOWLES FIELD Docket No. 13-52 and 13-53
- 3 - HICO-KNOWLES FIELD
Docket No. 13-52 and 13-53
STATE OF LOUISIANA, OFFICE OF CONSERVATION, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA.
In accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana, and with particular reference to the provisions of Title 30 of Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, a public hearing will be held in the Hearing Room, 1st Floor, LaSalle Building, 617 North 3rd Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at 9:00 a.m. on TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2013, upon the application of WILDHORSE RESOURCES, LLC. At such hearing the Commissioner of Conservation will consider evidence relative to the issuance of Orders pertaining to the following matters relating to the Lower Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A, in the Hico-Knowles Field, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana.
1. To authorize Wildhorse Resources, LLC to drill, designate and utilize a cross unit horizontal lateral as an `additional alternate unit well for LCV RA SUH and LCV RA SUI at the location and in the general manner shown on the plat submitted with the application, or to within a 100 foot radius of such location provided there are no perforations in the wellbore closer than 330 feet to any unit line.
2. To confirm that with respect to the proposed horizontal lateral to be drilled to the Lower Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A, where the horizontal lateral portion of the well is cased and cemented back above the top of the Lower Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A, the distance to any unit boundary and any offset well(s) will be calculated based on the distance to the nearest perforation in the well, and not based on the penetration point or terminus.
3. To establish that the proposed alternate unit well is necessary to efficiently and economically drain a portion of the Lower Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A, underlying LCV RA SUH and LCV RA SUI.
4. To find that the unit production from the cross unit horizontal alternate unit well shall be allocated to each unit in the same proportion as the perforated length of the lateral in each unit bears to the total length of the perforated lateral as determined by an “as drilled” survey performed after the cross unit alternate unit well is drilled and completed.
5. Otherwise, to authorize the unit allowable for this unit to be recovered from the unit well, the existing alternate unit wells, the proposed additional alternate unit well, or from any combination of such wells, at the discretion of the operator.
6. To the extent necessary, to approve the location of the proposed alternate unit well as an exception to the field spacing rules for the Lower Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A.
7. Except to the extent inconsistent herewith, to confirm and continue in effect the provisions of Office of Conservation Order No. 137-AA, effective September 1, 1979, as amended and supplemented by the 137-AA Series of Orders, including Order No. 137-AA-1, effective July 24, 2007, and all applicable Statewide Orders.
8. To consider such other matters as may be pertinent.
The Lower Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A was defined in Order No. 137-AA, effective September 1, 1979, and was redefined as to LCV RA SUH and LCV RA SUI by Order No. 137-AA-1, effective July 24, 2007.
A plat is available for inspection in the Office of Conservation in Baton Rouge and Shreveport, Louisiana.
All parties having interest therein shall take notice thereof.
BY ORDER OF:
JAMES H. WELSH
COMMISSIONER OF CONSERVATION
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE AT THE HEARING, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE OF CONSERVATION-ENGINEERING DIVISION AT P.O. BOX 94275, BATON ROUGE, LA 70804-9275 IN WRITING WITHIN TEN (10) WORKING DAYS OF THE HEARING DATE.
1td: January 10, 2013