Man questions Congress’ effectiveness
Can the summer heat wave in Washington be attributed to the immense “hot air” from Congress?
Congress’ approval rate is 17 percent, as reported from all news sources. I have some ideas why:
• The U.S. Postal Service, established in 1775, is broke.
• Social Security, established in 1935, is broke.
• Fannie Mae, established in 1938, is broke.
• Medicare and Medicaid, established in 1965, are broke.
• Freddie Mac, established in 1970, is broke.
• The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependency on foreign oil. It has failed.