ORDINANCE #0206011- 1
ORDINANCE #0206011- 1 The Board of Aldermen of the City of Grambling meet on the 7th day of April, 2011 at 6:00 o'clock p.m. in the Council Chambers, City Hall, Grambling, LA, and adopted the following ordinance. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF GRAMBLING TO DECLARE PROPERTY AS SURPLUS AND TO AUTHORIZE SALE OF SAID SURPLUS PROPERTY.
Section 1. Pursuant to a motion held at the Board of Aldermen Meeting held on February 3, 2011, the following property was deemed to be surplus property as such property is no longer needed for public purposes and that same should be sold:
1. Two brush aerators with gear boxes attached
2. One 50 hp motor
3. One Spencer blower unit 1 compressor and two 7.5 hp motors
4. Scrap metal from aeration and post aeration basins
5. One long copper cable about 100 ft long
Section 2. It has been determined that the best method of handling same shall be the acceptance of sealed bids for all of the above listed property to be sold together in bulk. As required by La. R.S. 33:4712(B), the minimum bid for this property shall be $7,000.00.
Section 3. In accordance with La. R.S. 33:4712(B), the following procedure will be followed in the disposition of the property and will ensure that any and all individuals who are interested in purchasing the property will have the opportunity to do so.
1. The property may be inspected at the Waste Water Treatment Plant located at 7706 Hwy. 80 West, Grambling, LA 71245 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
2. Any party interested in purchasing the property may submit a sealed bid to the Town Clerk, Grambling City Hall 2045 Martin Luther King Jr Ave, Grambling, LA 71245 or P. O. Box 109, Grambling, LA 71245.
3. All sealed bids must be submitted by April 26, 2011 at 5.p.m.
5. The sealed bids shall be opened in the Board of Aldermen Meeting held on April 26, 2011 with said property to be sold to the highest bidder provided such bid is above the minimum bid. Should the highest bidder fail or be unable to complete the purchase within seven (7) days, then the property shall be sold to the second highest bidder provided such bid is above the minimum bid. A public hearing will be held on said ordinance on April 7, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers. Copies of the proposed Ordinance are available for a nominal fee in the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, Grambling, LA.
Pamela Stringfellow, CMC
Edward R. Jones, Mayor
3td: April 21, 24 & 26, 2011